The topic on everybody’s mind is ‘immunity’. There are dozens of therapies and treatments floating around, and if one were to follow each of these, there wouldn’t be time to do anything else at all!
To get an expert opinion on what’s the best way to get immunity for both mind and body, I have invited the doctor who treats royalty, CEOs and the aam aadmi too.
Our guest in Episode 15 of Spotlight with Sandhya is DR. ISSAC MATHAI, Chairman, Managing & Medical Director of the Soukya International Holistic Health Centre. This award winning centre treats people from more than 100 countries. Soukya & its sister hospital Sahaya are India’s first AYUSH Hospitals accredited by the NABH National Accreditation Board for Hospitals.
Here are the key takeaways from the interview:
- Inflammation is the reason for any chronic disease and practice of yoga can bring down inflammation.
- Yoga is not an exercise – it is practice of mind, body & spirit.
- 20 minutes of walking will have a dynamic effect.
- Food is medicine and medicine is food- ashwagandha, chyawanprash, ginger & turmeric improve health and wellbeing.
- Practice Yoga, Meditation, Walking, Exercise & eat healthy Food.
- Meditation, Breathing Exercise, Mindfulness, Connecting with Nature and Spirituality – either by Silence or Prayer give Mental Stability.
1) You are a visiting consultant in several Health Centres in Europe and USA. You also helped set up an AYUSH centre at the Saint Charles Hospital in London. It’s obvious that more people seem to be turning to natural therapies all over the world. Could we look forward to a non-Allopathic cure for COVID-19 ?
2) At the beginning of the pandemic, it was advised that the homoeopathic medicine Arsenicum album 30 could be taken as a prophylactic medicine against the infection. I have 2 questions: Has this really helped people? And can people who are taking allopathic medicines also take this medicine?
3) What are the 5 key things that people should be doing to keep their immunity level up?
– five things for the body
-five things for the mind
4) How is it to treat royalty?